Saturday 21 January 2012

Playing Tennis with Glasses

I have been wearing glasses most of my life.

If I play tennis, I do the following things to cope with the spectacles.

1) Wear spectacle hooks.
They keep the glasses secured cos you don't want them to drop on the hard tennis court and break your lenses.
Happened to me once. Never again.

Here's a link link to a cheap online merchant that sells in Singapore.
SGD$1.50 per pair, but you got to pay a bit more for the shipping.
I always bring an extra pair in the tennis bag. They are pretty light, anyways.

2) Bring a clean and dry towel.
The glasses could get blurry with oil and sweat.
In the tropical climate I play, it happens. Frequently.

Towel them during changeovers.

3) Fitover sunglasses for mid-day games.
I usually play in the late afternoon to evening.
I wouldn't recommend games in the Singapore mid-day sun cos of the sun exposure.

When I was younger, I played too many times in early afternoon sun, and well ... I reckon I look a lot older than my age as a result of it. Folks I know, tell me too. Too late for me.

But ... recently, I got invited to play with an old classmate that was came back to Singapore for a short visit, and the only time our host could get a court was at 1-3pm.

I used a fitover sunglasses I got from ebay and it was working very well.
I even forgot I was wearing one until the game was over.
The link looks expired, but you can still search for "fitover sunglasses" in ebay or amazon.
ebay seems to have cheaper ones.

So from my experience, this product will not only shield your eyes from the bright sun, it also allows you to see the ball.
The price as of writing this is USD$13 with shipping.

Nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment