Friday 9 March 2012

Tennis Gear


I'm using the Dunlop Aerogel 200.
Check it out at
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/DAG200/DAG200Review.html

It's a 'tour' type of racket. Meaning that you will need a fuller swing for groundstrokes.

I feel that with this racket, if I hit harder, my groundstrokes seem to have a better margin of error.
The control and feel is excellent.

As a rightie with a 'functional' slice backhand, its control has given me an added dimension in terms of some interesting angles cross-court to my opponent's ad court.

It's not light. Close to 12 ounces or 337 grams.
Despite that it's been great at the net for reaction volleys.

For the serve, I feel that it needs more swing and flatter motion to get any power on the 1st serve.
But this is a very consistent racket on serve, you won't be getting many double faults if you already have a consistent 2nd serve.

Overall, I am really pleased with it especially with the improvement on my groundstrokes.

I would recommend it to anyone that has been playing for a while using the bigger frames that want to try to go to the next level and develop a fuller swing and also add better control on their groundstrokes. Its good control will be extra forgiving for this type of transitional player.

No comments:

Post a Comment